- I need a builder/contractor. We can recommend builders and contractors that we have worked with for years. We are familiar with their work and are comfortable referring you to them.
- I need a professional remodeler. We can recommend remodelers that we have worked with for years. We are familiar with their work and are comfortable referring you to them. If you are only replacing cabinetry, a professional remodeler may not be necessary. We are able to provide the design and product to make the project as easy as possible.
- How long does a remodel take? Kitchen projects can take as long as five weeks and longer, depending on the amount of work to be completed. Cabinetry typically takes up to four weeks to manufacture, and the time it takes to install cabinetry will vary depending on the complexity of the job. Granite, quartz and solid surface tops can add to the timeline because they are templated, cut and installed after the cabinetry is installed. Tile backsplash can also add some time to the project. To shorten the timeline, consider laminate countertops. They are made at the same time as the cabinetry and are delivered with the cabinetry.
- How much does a remodel cost? The cost depends on the size of the project and the materials selected. We have completed kitchens for less than $5000, and we have created kitchens that were $40,000 and more. On average, cabinetry and countertops cost between $7000 and $13,000. In some cases, countertops can cost as much as the cabinetry.
- I'm building a new home. When do I pick out cabinetry? We usually design cabinetry from your floor plan or a copy of your blueprints. In most cases, homes are constructed very close to the plans, so cabinetry designs can be started about or prior to the home's foundation being started. Some tradesmen, such as plumbers and electricians, will need a detailed copy of the designs to properly place plumbing rough-ins. Electricians will mount outlets and switches before insulation and sheetrock are installed. Also, think about your accent lighting. Electricians will wire accent lighting according to the product selected. Some lighting needs to be hard wired (meaning, installed before insulation and sheetrock), but low voltage accent lighting can plug into an outlet.
Back to top
The design process
- Reminder: you get to choose who supplies your cabinetry.
- Download our Design Planner to make it easier to organize your project.
- What design choices can you help me with? We display and assist with selection of cabinet styles, cabinet colors, countertops and hardware. Our Selection Room displays more than a hundred wood types and colors, and our showroom displays contain many internal accessory options such as roll out trays. In addition, our designers can assist you when you make choices concerning the flooring, paint, tile, window and wall treatments.
- Do you charge for estimates? No. Working from your drawings and sketches, our designers create a design using cabinetry design software and can provide you a quote reflecting your door, wood type and color selections.
- Do you charge for designs? When you buy StarMark Cabinetry, our design work is free of charge. All other design work is $300: a StarMark designer will provide a design and release drawings to you.
Back to top
- What is the most popular door style in Sioux Falls? Popular cabinet door choices are Roseville, Ridgeville, Bridgeport, Bedford, Stratford and Breckenridge.
- What is the most popular wood type in Sioux Falls? Alder cabinets, Cherry cabinets and Maple cabinets are popular. Also, Oak cabinets in darker colors sell well.
- What is the most popular cabinet color in Sioux Falls? Chestnut, Mocha and Java are popular stains. Marshmallow Cream and Macadamia are popular "paint" colors. Note, our paint is called Tinted Varnish, and it's much more durable than paint.
- Can you help me replace hinges, glides or doors? The showroom carries replacement components for StarMark Cabinetry. For all other cabinetry needs, the showroom staff can help locate replacement hinges and other parts. Often, we can source these for you locally and you have them within days.
- Do you reface cabinets? No, however, we can order doors for StarMark Cabinetry.
- Are your cabinets custom? Yes. Every cabinet is made to order for each customer. Cabinets can be made to fit your space within 1/16” of an inch.
- Do your cabinets have quality construction? Yes. StarMark Cabinetry is solid wood and hardwood plywood, and is manufactured using quality, time tested methods. Our cabinets meet rigorous KCMA standards.
- Is there still a Bargain Store in Sioux Falls? We no longer have a bargain store. We donate surplus cabinets and materials to Habitat Restore (721 E Amidon St) in Sioux Falls.
- Who will install my cabinets? We can recommend qualified remodeling and new construction contractors that we have worked with for years. We are familiar with their work and are comfortable referring you to them. We also provide installation information for backsplashes, plumbing and electrical.
Back to top
- What is most popular? In Sioux Falls, homeowners are choosing brushed nickel finishes and bronze finishes.
- Which brands do you carry?
Their complete collections can be viewed online. If they (or any other hardware company) offer it, we can order it for you!
Back to top